Now that you made an investment to protect your house or business, you may ask yourself how and when do I protect my generator? At New York Electric Company, our technicians are Factory Certified to work on most Generators. This includes Generac, Kohler, Briggs & Stratton, Onan, Cummins, Caterpillar and so many other brands in order to provide you the best professional service for your generator. Most manufactures recommend that you have your generator tuned up every 200-240 hours of use, or once per year. NY Electric Company offers many different Maintenance plans to choose from depending upon the size, type and response time.
With our basic Maintenance Plan, we will come out to your location twice a year to inspect the Generator for proper function, and provide you your yearly tune up. For more information about our Maintenance Plan, Extended Warranty plans, Tune Up, Services and other products call 631-629-4840.
Service Plan Tune Ups
- Drain and replace engine oil
- Check all electric and gas conduits
- Check valve clearance
- Add fluid, flush and refill every 200 hours of operation
- Clean and check the Generator for corrosion, insect and/or rodent damage
- Adjust the frequency and voltage (if necessary)
- Check and clean the spark arrester
- Check the generator wiring for loose connections, corrosion and damage
- Replace the engine air filter
- Replace the engine oil filter
- Check and clear all air inlets and outlets
- Return the unit to stand-by setup for full emergency operation
- and so much more!